Friday, September 10, 2010

Split Pea Recipe




Okay, my friend Kellie shared this very simple recipe with me last year. At first I never dreamed of making, "Split Pea Soup" because quite frankly it didn't sound very appetizing to me. After a little convincing of how simple and sweet this soup was, I caved-in and gave it a try. It has become one of my favorite soups of all time- especially when served over PASTA!!!! SOOO yummy!!! Give it a try. You will NOT be disappointed! For all the busy moms, it freezes really well too!

Split Pea Soup

(Soak peas overnight) 1st Bring to a boil, then rinse.

1 package of 16oz of Organic Split Peas
6 cups of Filtered water
2 Organic Carrots
1 head of chopped Organic Garlic chopped
1 Organic Yellow Onion chopped
2-4 small Organic Potatoes
Himala Salt (pink rock salt) or Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste

Cover & Simmer up to an hour. Once peas are broken, blend with an Immersion Blender (hand-blender or transfer soup into your regular blender) and blend until smooth and creamy.

Serve over Pasta or with pieces of homemade bread!!! Sooooo Delicious on a cool evening!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I just got some Himalayan pink salt, HimalaSalt, and organic peppercorns from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I think I'll try them out in this recipe. I'm trying to stock my freezer for the winter and this one is going in!

    ReplyDelete