Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Son's 2nd Birthday Celebration!


Welcome back everyone! I'm going to try to be more consistent with my postings. It seems that it took me almost a full week to recover from my son's birthday festivities! For all the mamas out there I'm sure you can relate.

As the birthday approaches I feel this tremendous excitement to give my little man the best birthday ever! I don't know exactly what comes over me, but I experience feelings of love, nurturing and reminiscing of the year that has passed. I then direct that energy into the planning of the big day, or days, as was the case this year. So here are some highlights that I'd like to share with you:

The Thomas the Train birthday cake was Gluten-free, made with Bob's Mills Chocolate cake mix! It was yummy and the design came out pretty cute too! (It only took me 4 hours to make this cake from start to finish, but again that was the insanity that came over me to complete this project for my son). I also made some yummy Thomas cupcakes from the same batter.
Goody Bags were filled with Organic Lollipops by Yummy Earth and kites for the kids to fly, along with Thomas the Train rings and hats to wear. Hopefully all the guests enjoyed their goodies.

Happy Birthday to Tyler! Still can't believe that he's 2 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment