Saturday, August 7, 2010

Glorious Garlic

So if you know me well enough, you know how I absolutely adore garlic, and how I try to sneak it into a meal every chance I get. If you're not convinced, just ask my friend Kellie, who has now adapted to adding lots of fresh garlic to her own homecooked meals.

While I used to shy away from Garlic because I had IBS, GERD, and Acid Reflux, I have since learned that garlic is my FRIEND!!!! I would eat chunks of it at a time if I could!! Fortunately it seems that adding it as a staple to my diet and traditional meals has done the trick. My newest obsession with garlic is adding it to my raw salads. It is so tasty and refreshing. JUST be sure to use ORGANIC!!! Yes, it does make a BIG DIFFERENCE!

Aside from my personal experimentation with garlic, there is always research available that states all the health benefits of eating or cooking with garlic. Here is a site by one of my favorite mentors, Dr. Andrew Weil. Take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment