Saturday, August 7, 2010

What's the deal with kids' juice?


Okay, so as a new mama I've never quite bought into the concept of giving my child juice. This is probably because my pediatrician has been against it since day one stating, "Juice feeds yeast," and "There is very little nutritional value in packaged juice."

Of course my dad believes firmly that children should have their "Tropicana OJ," in the morning because it is packed with Vitamin C, but from my own research and schooling, I now know better. If my son wants fruit juice, I make it for him because I know exactly what he is getting. However, too much fruit juice can elevate blood sugar levels and set children up for future health problems. As parents, we need to be educated about what our children's nutritional needs are and how we can best fill their daily requirements. For me, packaged JUICE has never been the answer.

Here is more research (85% of kids' drinks contain lead) that shows that juice, snacks & baby foods contain high levels of lead. It's alarming because even buying, "Organic" brands does not mean you are in the clear. Take a minute to read this article and maybe you'll decide to PASS on the fruit juices for your little one. It may seem radical but the truth is we must watch out for our children. We cannot trust big name companies, pretty packages, or healthy labels. The truth is, if it is packaged it is probably contaminated and in my opinion there is enough contamination in this world that is already making us sick. Take control over what you already have control over, your food choices. Your children will thank you for it one day!

I can teach you to make the quickest, easiest, healthiest meals for your family. I'm not Super-woman, but I've made small changes that have had a huge impact on the health of my child. If you're interested in learning more about what I do please message me: HealthCoachChristine@yahoo.com. I'm giving FREE Health Histories, where we can discuss your health concerns & goals for you and your family. I am NOW accepting clients!!! I can't wait to help you to live your best life. You''ll have tons of energy, much more patience, best quality sleep (and sex- had to throw that in) and weight that will just melt off your body with every little effort. If this sounds that something that will improve your quality of life, please get in touch with me TODAY!!!!

Until next time... Live Well and LOVE the life you Live!!


No comments:

Post a Comment