Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Managing my life


Today I'm realizing that my blog doesn't have to be perfect everyday because that would cause more stress and take away from the JOY of doing this.

So, today I'll focus on adding more yummy recipes. Many friends that have viewed it have requested some recipes to try with their own families. I'll just tell you that these FOODS have helped my family to thrive! Don't forget we've eliminated Dairy, Gluten, Corn and processed sugars. (I'll get into WHY another time). These are wholesome meals that would provide nourishment to all. They've also been tested by me and tasted by my loved ones! They've earned our seal of approval.

Learning that cooking can be quick, easy & fun has changed my life tremendously. I've joined a Food Co-op, which supplies me with locally grown, Organic fruits & veggies. Here is the one I belong to, but I'm sure they're available in your area as well. Purple Dragon Co-op. As a side note, if you decide to join this one please be sure to let them know I referred you. I believe they will honor us both with some discounts!

The food co-op has prompted me to cook new foods that I didn't even know existed. On the right, you can see a picture of the Acorn Squash I cooked for the 1st time. You'll find more recipes that incorporate new foods and I encourage you to purchase the ingredients and try them with your families. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Joining a Co-op has also helped me to support my local farmers, and eat fresher food at a more affordable price. There is great satisfaction in going to pick up my fruits & veggies every 2 weeks and bringing them home excited to show the family what our meals will consist of! I highly recommend it!

That's all for now! Enjoy the blog!! Please leave comments or check off the boxes after each post to give me some feedback & don't forget to become a FOLLOWER!

Peace & Love to all! Until next time... Live Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment