Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pleasant Surprises


Thursday is almost over, yet I feel compelled to check in and write about some of today's wonderful events. The day started with my hubby getting up and taking care of our son Tyler. He wanted me to catch up on some much-needed sleep. Can you believe I actually slept until 9am?!?! He said he was going to come check on me if I didn't get up soon. It's so unlike me to sleep that late, but my body REALLY needed some R&R!

Sleep was a gift that my husband was thoughtful enjoy to give to me today. Did he know this was exactly what I needed today? I was comforted by the idea that our son had been taken care of while mommy was also getting in some self-care.... REST!!!! Definitely not a daily occurrence.

When I woke, I found out the dogs had already gone for a long walk on the trail with Tyler & daddy, and breakfast was waiting for me on the table!!!! Delicious Scrambled eggs!!! Hubby decided that I needed some "alone" time- another gift in disguise. So, I took a nice shower and headed out to do some shopping.... for food (don't get too excited!) Although Brian suggested I go clothes shopping, I just wasn't feeling it today.

Upon returning, I discovered Tyler had already been put to bed for nap. I quickly whipped up some yummy Organic Fried-Rice, per my husband's request. Since tomorrow will be 5 years since my husband and I first met, we thought about going OUT for dinner! So, I called Nonna and she said she was free to take care of Tyler for a few hours this evening.

What a terrific night!!!! After going to Nonna's for a while Brian and I slipped away to La Candela's, our favorite Mexican Restaurant! It was Seafood Paella for me, and some sort of Burrito, taco, and Tortillas for Brian. Another treat because this was the 1st time in 2 years that we were out to dinner alone!!!! We got to reminisce, laugh and have some Sangria. Dessert was a delightful Tartufo!!! I think they make it the best!!!

After getting Tyler to bed, hubby retired for the night and I came downstairs to do some reading and posting. I hope everyone else is safely tucked in their beds for the evenings and having some pleasant dreams and deep slumber.

Until tomorrow.... sleep well! Nite Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment