Sunday, April 11, 2010

Satiated Sunday




Good morning and welcome to Sunday, the first day of a new week! The beginning of a week holds great possibilities, plans, and unknown events that lie ahead. It is another sunny day here and I plan to get out and enjoy it with my family.

We started the day by filling our bodies with the most satisfying foods. Today's menu included a delicious Oatmeal (Gluten-free & Organic for us), topped with Cinnamon, chopped Almonds, shredded Coconut and Cranberries. I find that eating a well-rounded meal at the start of my day keeps me full and energized until lunch! This is important since Sundays include Church and some traveling. I also pack snacks for the car in case we get caught-up or feel like munching. Cut up Apples, carrots, homemade trail mix, Organic fruit/nut bars, Gluten-free Pretzels and a few canteens filled with filtered water are some of the varieties we choose from. It takes some planning ahead of time but once you get in the routine of preparing snack-sized packages it becomes easier to grab and GO!

With Breakfast we had a Green Smoothie that included: apple, grapes, kale, orange, pineapple, & carrots. It is beneficial to include RAW FOODS in your diet, in addition to cooked foods. This is another way to pack in the fruits & veggies for the day. Look at all the wholesome foods we consumed with just breakfast alone! These may seem like gourmet meals to you at first, but once you get used to cooking these foods it becomes second nature. Cooking Oatmeal is one of the simplest breakfasts I make. Just boil water, add oatmeal and let cook for 20 min while make the smoothie. Twenty minutes later everything is done, and it's an easy cleanup.

Next I set my intention for the day: To get outside to a park, or play area with Tyler, Hubby and possibly some family members and enjoy this glorious day!

Today I am grateful for: The day of SUNDAY!!! To be able to connect with family and friends that are NOT working on this day. I am grateful for the energy that I have and the inspiration I feel inside. Eating Healthy opens so many doors in life. I feel more connected, grounded, spiritual and energized!

Have a Great Sunday Everyone!!!! Until next time.... Live WELL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment